When we meet future customers, they are generally comparing numerous types of roof. We are always asked: What are the most popular types of industrial roof? Which is much better? Which is more fairly priced? In this short article, we will cover 5 kinds of business roof.
At Rapid Roof Repair of Waltham, we have actually been assisting consumers for years pick the right roofing system for their structure and their budget plan. We desire everyone to feel empowered when they start getting quotes from their professionals. In this article, we break down the 5 most common types of business roof along with their typical expenses * and benefits.
Spray Polyurethane Foam Roofing
Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) is an environmentally friendly roof choice for business, commercial and manufacturing centers. Spray Polyurethane Foam, more commonly referred to as SPF, is a material that is sprayed as a liquid so it can broaden into a foam, creating a strong layer throughout an existing roofing.
Read More: Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) Roofing: Installation & Efficiency
While SPF roof is not the most known kind of roof material, the technology has actually been around since the early 1960s for industrial, industrial, and domestic centers. An SPF roof can be used in any environment, and when correctly set up and kept, can last over 50 years.
For an average 20,000 sq. foot commercial roofing, it will usually cost in between $4.00 and $7.00 per square foot * in materials and labor to install a typical SPF roof system. This price range is for an SPF roofing of typical thickness and building structure.
Find out more: Cost of a Spray Polyurethane Foam Roof
Spray Polyurethane Roof Benefits
There are quite a few advantages of SPF roof:
– Energy Effective– SPF delivers thermal, air, and wetness barriers to provide the greatest R-value per inch.
– Resilient– The foam material can broaden and contract with the building, reducing the possibility of fractures and splitting.
– Seamless and Water resistant– The constant solid surface area does not require joints or joints, removing the most vulnerable area for leaking.
– Eco-friendly– In most cases, there is very little stripping of the original roofing– eliminating the requirement for expensive roofing system tear-offs and waste. The materials that are utilized for SPF roof systems are also eco-friendly: Absolutely no Ozone Depleting Prospective (ODP), Low in the Emission of Volatile Organic Substances (VOCs), Devoid Of Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), Ultra-Low Global Warming Potential (GWP).
Single-Ply Membrane Roof
Single-Ply Membrane EPDM Installation
Single-Ply Membrane is a tried and true roofing option for industrial, industrial and manufacturing centers. Single-Ply Membranes are sheets of rubber and other synthetics that can be ballasted, mechanically fastened or chemically followed insulation developing a layer of defense on your business facility.
While Single-Ply Membrane Roof is one of the most widely known kinds of commercial roofing material, there are several types to fit your budget plan and center needs. For an average 20,000 sq. foot commercial roofing, it will normally cost between $3.50 to $7.50 per square foot for EPDM and $3.50 to $6.50 per square foot for TPO *, consisting of products and labor guarantee.
Find out more: Expense of Single-Ply Membrane Roofing
Single-Ply Membrane Advantages
If appropriately installed and preserved, an industrial single-ply membrane roofing can last 30 years. There are several other benefits of single-ply membrane roof:
– Proven Track Record– EPDM roof has been utilized for commercial flat roofing for over years. This quantity of time on the market has enabled different lab and field studies to be performed and tracked.
– Client Choice of Insulation– Since single-ply membrane roof does not include the insulation aspect, as a consumer you have more alternatives to pick from to insulate your facility’s roofing.
– Class A Fire-Rated– TPO membranes and EPDM can accomplish Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Class A fire resistance listings by including fire retardant chemicals throughout the production procedure.
– Reflective or Retentive– TPO is typically white and extremely reflective. On the other side of the spectrum, EPDM is typically explained as “Black Roofings,” due to the natural dark color of the membrane.
Metal Roof is one of the earliest commercial roof on the marketplace. Many metal roof utilize corrugated galvanized steel, although other products such as aluminum or tin can also be utilized.
Since metal roofing product is rather light in weight, it can be installed right on top of the existing roofing. After a metal roof is set up, a coating can be added for waterproofing, rust protection, and UV protection.
For an average business roofing system, it will generally cost in between $5.00 and $10.00 per square foot * in materials and labor to set up a common metal roofing system. This price range can alter depending on the type and design of the metal panels you select.
Metal Roof Advantages
If properly installed and kept, a business metal roof can last 40 years. There are quite a few other benefits of metal roofing systems:
– Design– Variety of material and color choices.
– Stability– Capability to hold up to high winds and snow.
– Energy Efficient– Sheet metal can be made from recycled material.
– Fire Resistance– Metal panels are less vulnerable to fire damage and do not promote fire events.
Shingle roofing is mainly known for houses and property roofing, but shingles are really frequently used for high slope commercial roofing applications. Shingles can be made out of a couple of different materials, consisting of wood, slate, metal, plastic, ceramic and composite material such as asphalt. There are 2 main kinds of shingles: Asphalt and Architectural.
Asphalt Shingles: most typical, affordable shingle on the marketplace used for applications. These roofing system systems frequently come with 15– 30-year warranties typically.
Architectural Shingles: multi-layered and heavier to include toughness and weatherproofing to the building. Frequently comes with “lifetime” warranties.
For a typical business roof, it will usually cost in between $2.50 and $5.00 per square foot * in materials and labor to set up a typical shingle roof. This cost range can alter depending on the type and style of the shingles you choose.
Shingle Roof Advantages
Some advantages of commercial shingle roofing consist of:
– Style– Wide array of design and colors
– Durable– Some kinds of shingles are class IV hail ranked
– Easy Repair– Easy to identify and fix small locations of damage
Tar and Gravel Roof
Built-Up Roof have remained in use in the U.S. for over 100 years. These roofing systems are frequently referred to as “tar and gravel” roofings. Built-up systems are installed by alternating layers of asphalt or tar and supporting fabrics straight onto the roofing system. You can select the variety of layers (or plies) that are installed. The last layer of a built-up roof consists of stone or gravel.
For an average business roof, it will normally cost in between per $5.50– $8.50 square foot * in products and labor to install a typical built-up roof. This cost range can change depending upon the materials you choose.
Built-Up Roofing Benefits
If properly installed and kept, a commercial built-up roofing system can last 40 years. There are a few other advantages of built-up roof:
– Smooth and Water resistant– The constant strong surface does not require joints or seams, getting rid of the most susceptible area for leaking.
– UV Rays– provides ultra-violet defense.
– Low- maintenance– Very little maintenance needed after installation.
As you can see, there are a great deal of options when checking out a brand-new industrial roof. Each of the 5 types of business roof has their advantages and disadvantages, picking which one is best comes down to a customer-by-customer basis.
Rapid Roof Repair of Waltham. installs sustainable and efficient roof for commercial, commercial, manufacturing and community structures
Give us a call!
For the fastest response we invite you to give us a call and our friendly staff will help you with any questions you might have. Looking forward to hearing from you.